Nutrients for Adults and Teenagers – Nutrients are very important for our body. Hence, here we have a glimpse of nutrition guides, to keep our body health. Not to mention, to maintain its condition to be on its top tip shape. Given these points, we should pay attention to this matter.
If you wanna know more about women’s nutrition and fitness, great, welcome aboard and continue reading. Generally speaking, it is glad to know you decide to join.
There are two types of nutrition health food the body needs. Correspondingly, they are the nutrition for the young (adolescence) and the adult.
Well, let’s dig in;
Principles of Nutrition in Teens and Adults
Rapid growth can be the mark of adolescence period. Hence, there are high correlation between the size of the body and the nutrition needs by the body.
A. Nutrition for Teens
First of all good nutrition for teenagers is important. For this reason, researchers show that adolescents and children eat the same percentage of calories in carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
However, it is necessary to increase teen nutrition and health. In order to have a healthy growth, teenage needs certain substances. They are; fat, calorie, high sodium, and low in folic acid, fiber and vitamin A.
Here are the characteristics of growth and nutritional implications for adolescents;
1. Maturity period of rapid physical, emotional, social and sexual phase.
2. Growth began at a different space in adolescents are different.
3. Physiological age is more valid indicator than chronological age.
4. Usually rapid growth in young girls at the age of 10-11 years. In addition, it peaks at the age of 12 years, and it was over at the age of 15 years.
5. Young women experience fat deposition, especially in the abdomen and pelvis circumference.
6. Pelvis widening in preparation for the pregnant and delivery process.
7. Compare to young men, young adult women experiencing little growth of muscle and bone tissue.
8. The usual the growth of young men start the age of 12-13 years, then peaks at the age of 14 years. Eventually, it is over around 19 years of age. However, young men increase some muscle mass, muscle, and bone, and tissue.
B. Nutrition for Adults
The good habit of eating starts at the beginning of life. Then, it will improve the health recovery of adulthood. The change of physiological, health, and function has high relation to the process of aging. Nevertheless, it is also can be seen from variety events of body composition, energy requirement, etc.
In children, the beginning of growth time is independent. Moreover, every children have their own time. Good nutrition is very important in those crucial time.
[ also see : 8 Essential Nutrition for Pregnancy ]
Many factors affect the growth at all, which are:
1. The knowledge about nutrition.
2. Having difficulty in choosing foods or types of dishes that will be consume.
3. The beauty effect. Obviously, most of women would sacrifice almost anything to stay young and beauty. By the same token, it is including to eat well.
4. Women with less nutrition from lower societies, often have both low birth weight and milk production slightly.
The Concept of Equal Nutrition
In improving each person’s life quality, there are five substances of nutrients. They are; carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals. Equally important, it demands the same amount proportion in numbers.
Moreover, humans need water and fiber to facilitate a variety of physiological processes in the body. Whenever the daily food consumption is less diverse, it is affecting the quality of our health. Again, there will be an imbalance between the input and needs of necessary nutrients for healthy and productive life.
By eating various kinds of foods, lack of nutrients in one food will be overcome by the composition of nutrients from other food. In order to balance the condition of nutrients condition above. As a matter of fact, to achieve balanced nutrients, it requires eating many types of health and nutrition products.
A. Equal Nutrition
We can actually prevent so various nutritional disorders and psychosocial problems. Whether through behavioral support from the parents, mother or caregiver in the family. Or by self consciousness to always provide food with equal nutrition for the family members. However, the efforts to address the problem of equal nutrition namely malnutrition and overnutrition is simply consume everyday dishes. Of course with an equal composition of nutrients.
There are 13 basic message of balanced nutrition as basic guidance to eat well, which are:
1. Eat varieties of foods
2. Eat to meet energy sufficiency
3. Eat carbohydrate sources half of its energy needs
4. Limit your intake of fat and oil up to a quarter of the energy adequacy.
5. Use iodized salt
6. Eat a good source of iron
7. Give the mother’s milk only to infants until four months years old
8. Make a habit of eating breakfast
9. Drink enough clean water
10. Perform physical activity and exercise regularly
11. Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages
12. Prefer to eat only healthy foods
13. Aware of the package label and understand the information contained
The Types Equal Nutrition
There are many types of the full filled nutrients to the body. However, some of them are not even equal in number at all.
There are five types of nutrients content the body needs;
Here they are;
1. Overly Nutrition
Consuming too much food than the body needs causing an overly nutrition condition. For this reason, what’s gonna happens is the pile of sugar level and unnecessary fats are increasing.
In general, these problems are common in urban areas.
Furthermore, the consumption of nutrients that are not self-sufficient within a certain time may cause malnutrition condition.
In conclusion, persistent malnutrition will lead to more severe deficiency. These circumstances can be resulting in the Kwashiorkor and Marasmus. Moreover, these two diseases usually come along with other diseases such as Diarrhea, infections, digestive diseases. Not to mention; upper respiratory tract infection, anemia, etc.
3. Nutritional Anemia Iron
The diseases is more popular among common people as Anemia. Moreover, this disease occurs because of the low iron level in the red blood cells.While, the signs of Anemia are pale, lethargy, weakness, dizziness and lightheadedness.
4. Lack of vitamin A
Insufficient consumption of vitamin A will cause a bitot. A night blindness is a condition of lacking vitamin A. It is the inability to see the dim light in the afternoon. The blindness can happen from acute bitot.
5. Iodine Deficiency Disorders
Iodine deficiency can cause goiter and cretin. Deficiency of Iodine element in the daily diet can lower the intelligence of children and adolescents.
Effect of Nutritional Status on Reproductive System
The nutrient intake condition affecting in the energy and nutritional needs of adolescents. Moreover, the phase of reproduction age, and kinds of activities.
The growing needs of the youth slightly needs higher nutrients. Hence, teenagers come from lower socioeconomic are at risk of iron deficiency before pregnancy.
Provision of additional energy is given to adolescents with low weight. The increasing appetite usually refers to the extra energy. Sadly, teenager is often concern too much on their looks. As a matter of fact, this is why teenager are prone to iron deficiency.
Teenagers with anemia and underweight has more risk to diseases. On the contrary, reproductive women with normal healthy life and ready to get pregnant.
A. Nutrition and Reproductive Health
Nutritional or food is importantly necessary for the growth. Nonetheless, it supports the development of physical and mental health, and fertility.
The presence of the baby will give you the happiness and harmony in family life. At the same time, pregnant teenagers, they actually needs to prepare nutrition in teen pregnancy immediately. Nevertheless, it arranges adequate nutritional intake to improve reproductive function that can support fertility or fecundity.
Here are the six of things pregnant women should avoid. In order to have a healthy pregnancy;
1. Avoid diet weight control
2. Choose healthy and balanced foods
3. Choosing fresh foods
4. Cultivate good food
5. Consume variety foods
6. Avoid foods that contain artificial preservatives
7. Do not smoking or near them
also see : 73 Benefits of Tomatoes for Health
Correlation with The Nutritional Status of Menstruation
Menarche is the first menstruation occurs. As if it is the hallmark of maturity of a woman who is healthy and not pregnant. However, the nutrition intake, and the age, affects the occurrence of menarche. Moreover, there are lots of things affect menstruation cycle of a woman. There are; psychology, nutrients intake, malnutrition, activities, and many other.
Young women need to maintain their good nutritional status. Another key point, good nutrition intake will decrease the chances of getting discomfort feelings during menstruation.
The kind of diet affects the menstrual cycle and reproductive performance. However, the dietary programs can cause amenorrhea. Not to mention, diet influence the menstrual cycle.
[ also see : Nutrition Foods To Prevent Arthritis ]
Nutrition Standard Of Requirement for Adolescence
Adolescence is a period of growth and maturity process of humans. Fro this reason, it is important to take care of the young’s health, safety and nutrition. Nevertheless, there are few change that are unique, and sustainable. Not o mention, the physical changes in adolescents will affect their health and nutritional status.
The imbalance between the intake adequacy requirements or will cause nutritional problems, whether it be more nutritional problems and malnutrition.
Safety Health and nutrition for the young
A simple laboratory test or an anthropometry can determine people’s nutritional status. Also, a simple blood test can determine the blood deficiency or anemia hemoglobin level. However, anthropometry is a inexpensive way of determining the nutritional status of the most convenient.
Body Mass Index (BMI) is recommendation as a good indicator to determine the nutritional status of adolescents. Food nutrition and health problems in adolescents will have a negative impact on the level of overall health. However, a decrease in the study concentration or having a baby with low birth weight, will decrease the physical fitness.
Many studies have shown groups of teenagers suffer/experiencing many nutritional problems. In fact, the range of prevalence of anemia is from 40% -88%. While, the prevalence of underweight adolescents with a BMI ranging from 30% -40%. On the whole, many factors cause this problem.
By knowing all about nutrition and the needs, the efforts to overcome and the focus are increasing greatly.
Standard nutritional needs adulthood needs are fundamentally different depending on the age, sex, weight, and activity of a person.
One male adult (20-59 years) with 62 kg, 165 cm tall with activities are in need of energy approximately 3000 kilocalories. While, the adult female weighs 54 kg height 156 cm with activities currently in need of 2250 kilocalories. To sum up, the men needs of nutrition is approximately 3,600 kilo calories and women 2600 kilocalories.
Below are some of the examples of ideally healthy breakfast;
- Morning rice 2 spoon 2 spoon 1 tablespoon rice
- Meat stew seasoning 1 piece + 1 piece ½ slices
- Sautéed bean sprouts length + ½ cup ½ cup ½ cup
- The sweet tea 1 cup
- 10:00 porridge 1 cup + green beans 1 cup
- Lunch rice 3 tablespoons + rice 2 tablespoons + rice spoon 1½
- Fried Fish 1 piece
- Boiled (Tempe) or soy cake 2 pieces
- Salad ½ cup ½ cup ½ cup
- 1 cup sour vegetable 1 cup
- Tomato sauce 1 tablespoon
- Pineapple 1 piece
- 16:00 Fruit – 1 piece
- Night Rice 3 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons + 1 ½ tablespoons
- Spiced chicken 1 piece
- Vegetable nodes spinach + corn 1 cup + 1 cup 1 bowl
- Papaya 1 piece 1
It obvious that food nutrition education is urgently necessary.
Several Reasons Why The Nutrients Needed By Adolescents
1. The increasing of weight and height can be the character of body rapid growth. As well as, body rapid growth begins very fast at the age of 10-11 years in girls. They will gain weight by 16 kg and height 16 cm. Furthermore, the 20 kg and 20 cm of weight and height gain at age between 12-13 years old.
2. The beginning of the reproductive organs function and development. However, the signs are breast, vagina, penis development. Not to mention the existence of feathers around the pubic and armpit, and menstruation for girls. In order to gain a good body development, we should pay attention to this matter. Bad nutrition intake will lead to random menstruation, fertility disorders, not to mention, bad development of pelvic cavity. Furthermore, it leads to labor difficulties, the decreasing breast milk production, and craving.
Changes The Lifestyle and Eating habits
1. The changing starts of the search for identity and the desire to be welcome by the colleague. Then, the bad habits of eating starts immediately. Instead of choosing to work out and less eat to get better body shape, we become lazy and eat lots of food. Whereas, less food usually means less nutrition. The less we eat the greater risk we get of having dangerous diseases.
2. The practice of “snacking” low-nutrient. Not to mention, less calories, proteins, vitamins, and minerals “snacks” are now widely available almost in any stores. Moreover, those snacks are able to ruin and reduce appetite. However, we can always choose bread, baked beans, and fruits as snacks.
3. The habit of eating fast food (fast food) is not good. Hence, the fast food we eat contains uneven nutritional composition.
4. The custom of not eating breakfast and lazy to drink water. Moreover, people who eat breakfast would be able to think clearly and have more energy to do our daily activities.
All We Need To Do To Stay Healthy, Are;
1. We need to eat diet foods which have equal nutrition. Hence, the diverse menu and the appropriate dose is necessary to meet the body nutritional needs. The food menu should contain carbohydrates, protein, fat, vitamins and minerals.
2. Make having breakfast as a habit. However, it does not have to be rice. Nonetheless, the breakfast can be chicken puree, green beans puree, noodles and vegetables, milk, or bread.
3. Reduce unhealthy snacking; instead of snacking, replace them with more nutritious foods or fruits.
4. Eat food sources of iron. Moreover, add vitamin C to increase iron absorption. Likewise, avoid drinking tea or coffee after a meal.
5. Then, drink 8 glasses of plain water every day.
6. Also, use of iodized salt.
7. Perform regular exercises, like running, jogging, biking, etc.
8. Do not smoke or use illegal drugs, too.
9.As well as, do not use any artificial seasoning.