7 Benefits of garlic for Health – Single garlic which is also often referred to as garlic lanang is one type of garlic. In general, the garlic is composed of multiple cloves, but the single garlic clove consists of only one (single). Unlike the case with garlic in general are often used for cooking, single garlic is never used for cooking. Single garlic is more often used as a herbal medicine. Because the properties are very diverse, though a lot of people who eat a single smell of garlic is very pungent.
Nutrition in Garlic Single
Single garlic contents various nutritional compounds that are believed to ward off various diseases. Garlic is often used in the medical world for an antidote to high cholesterol. Similarly, the single garlic. Single garlic is also beneficial because the single garlic same nutritional value similar to garlic, it’s just that the level is indeed greater than the garlic in general. Here is the content of nutritional compounds present in garlic single:
- Essential Oils : Essential oils often also called the etheric oils. This oil is one kind of vegetable oil has a distinctive aroma and volatile. Essential oils have antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
- Allicin : Represents thiosulfinate compound. Allicin has properties that are unstable, volatile, and difficult dissolved in water. However, allicin has the ability to suppress the growth of fungi, bacteria, and even viruses.
- Calcium : Calcium is one of the chemical compounds much needed body. Benefits of calcium has a role in the body’s metabolic performance, connections between nerves, help cardiac performance, and helps muscle movement.
- Saltivine : It is one of the compounds that are often found in garlic. Saltivine is a compound that can accelerate the growth of cells and tissues are also able to stimulate nerve cell structure.
- Diallysulfide, alilpropil-disulfide : An anti-worm compounds.
- Sulfur : a substance that has a pungent odor. In single garlic, sulfur is one of the compounds contained in allicin so the smell was terrible.
- Protein : It is one compound that consists of a collection of substances and molecules such as oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, phosphorus, carbon, sulfur, amino acids as well. Benefits of protein is one source of energy for the body other than carbohydrates and fats.
- Fat : It is one source of energy for the body. Fat is a compound consisting of substances and molecules such as oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, fatty acids, sterols, monoglycerides, diglycerides, phospholipids, glycolipids and terpenoids.
- Phosphorus : It is a compound that plays a role in the formation of bones and teeth.
- Iron : The benefits of iron are essential compounds that are useful for the formation of red blood cells.
- Vitamin A, B1, and C : Vitamin A plays a role in helping the health of vision (eye). Vitamin B1 is often called thiamin. Vitamin B1 plays a role in the breakdown of fats and proteins. Vitamin C is often found in many types of fruit. Vitamin role for immune function and maintain body so as not susceptible to disease.
also see : 10 Benefits of Bitter Honey Black for Health
Although rarely used in food products or for cooking, single garlic has a variety of properties that are good for the body. Benefits single garlic contains a variety of nutrients such as that described above. Various of these nutrients have their respective roles in the performance to maintain health. So what are the benefits? The following descriptions:
1. Treating the Flu
The content of the benefits of sulfur contained in the single garlic smelling very distinctive and powerful can accelerate the activities of mucous membranes in the respiratory tract. The sulfur can help compression when flu and aids in the excretion of mucus (sputum). In addition, the content of phytochemicals in single garlic also helps kill bacteria and viruses, not just the flu virus, but other viruses cause various diseases.
2. Cholesterol Lowering Drugs
The content of a single Allicin in garlic can suppress the amount of total cholesterol in the body. More than 12 studies show that the benefits of garlic can lower total cholesterol levels by 12% after 4 weeks of consumption. Garlic is a total of lipid-lowering agent which became the cause of high cholesterol in the body.
3. Prevent Cancer
Single garlic capable of preventing the deadly disease of cancer, especially stomach cancer and colon cancer. The content organosulfida in a single garlic can help the performance of the heart to remove various kinds of toxins in the body, including toxins that cause stomach cancer and colon cancer.
A lot of research that says that people who consume more single garlic is more secure from attack of stomach and colon cancer than those who do not consume a single garlic.
4. Maintain Healthy Pregnancy
single garlic comsumed during pregnancy were able to prevent the occurrence of various complications that may arise during pregnancy. Consuming a single garlic may also increase the weight of the fetus in the womb, it is important, especially for those who have the problem of interference to the low development of the fetus in the womb.
Single garlic consumption is also recommended to those who have a pregnancy disorder pre-eclampsia. Single garlic was also efficacious to improve the performance of enzymes in the body to slow down as the pregnancy goes.
5. Improve Memory
The content of the various compounds in a single garlic proven to prevent damage to neurons in the brain. Even single garlic extract can stimulate the growth of new neural cells. As a result, memory may be preserved, even be increased.
6. Keeping Stamina
For people who have less than optimal stamina, various diseases will be more vulnerable to get into their bodies. Single garlic turns out to have efficacy strengthen one’s stamina. With increasing stamina, various diseases can be resisted so that the body does not get sick. It is not the other, because garlic contains compounds that may ward off a variety of viruses and bacteria that cause various diseases.
7. Lowering High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure give a various diseases such as heart problems and stroke. High blood pressure can be prevented by eating a single garlic. Single garlic extract is proven to lower blood pressure. Garlic contains sulfur which can enable production of the endothelium (the origin of the relaxation).
It triggers smooth muscle relaxation and vasodilation (widening of blood vessels) were followed by relaxing the smooth muscle in the vessel wall, so that high blood pressure can be prevented.